Applicants apply to the school have the opportunity to obtain the Simon Fraser University Major Entrance Awards. Established in September 1965, Simon Fraser University (SFU) is a state-owned research university situated in British Columbia, Canada. SFU is the premier Canadian member of the world’s biggest college sports association, the National Collegiate Athletic Association, it is also an associate of various national and international higher education, like the Association of Commonwealth Universities, the International Association of Universities, and Universities Canada.
Simon Fraser University is composed of Faculty of Applied Sciences, Beedie School of Business, Faculty of Education, Faculty of Communication, Art and Technology, Faculty of Science, Faculty of Environment, Faculty of Health Sciences, and the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences.
The Simon Fraser University Major Entrance Awards gives the chance to international students to pursue their studies at Simon Fraser University. Some of the offered awards are funded by the university, and others are funded through the generosity of the SFU donors.
Simon Fraser University Major Entrance Awards Information:
- Host Country: Canada.
- Host Institution: Simon Fraser University, Canada.
- Scholarship level: Masters & PhD.
- Scholarship Type: Tuition award.
- Scholarship Worth: $21,000.
- Application Deadline: Ongoing.
Simon Fraser University Major Entrance Awards:
- Arthur and Ancie Fouks Graduate Entrance Scholarship Award in Public Service: granted to exceptional students applying to get into a Master’s or Ph.D. program at Simon Fraser University, and who can display a great level of public service.
- Bert Henry Memorial Graduate Entrance Scholarship Award: granted to candidates with exceptional academic records, who prior to now have a master’s degree or about to conclude a master’s degree program and will get into a Full-time doctoral program at SFU at the start of the scholarship’s program.
- Faculty of Science Graduate Entrance Scholarship Award: Offered yearly for exceptional graduate candidate coming from the University of the Fraser Valley to SFU and getting into an MSc program in the Faculty of Science.
- Graduate Deans Entrance Scholarship Award: provides multi-year funding to exceptional incoming Ph.D. domestic and foreign candidates. The GDES is worth up to $21,000 for up to 4 years at the PhD level.
- Kruger Products Bicultural Graduate Entrance Fellowship Award: Granted to incoming graduate candidates who have concluded a former degree at a university in the Province of Quebec.
- Provost International Fellowship Program: Granted to exceptional foreign students who are getting into a graduate program at Simon Fraser University and who have obtained an award from their nation to pursue their studies overseas.
- Provost Prize of Distinction: Granted to new, exceptional candidates commencing their graduate degree program at Simon Fraser University with Tri-agency or related funding.
- SFU Alumni Association Graduate Entrance Scholarship Award: Granted to master’s or Ph.D. candidates registered full time in a research graduate program.
- Simons Foundation Doctoral Entrance Fellowship Award: Granted to exceptional, incoming female Ph.D. candidates with outstanding academic records and whose research work has the prospect for substantial contributions to society.
- Special Graduate Entrance Scholarship: A one or two-term scholarship award, typically valued at between $1,000 and $10,000. This scholarship award aims to inspire exceptional candidates who are giving thoughts to other institutions to apply for SFU.
Eligibility for Simon Fraser University Major Entrance Awards
The Simon Fraser University Major Entrance Awards listed above are available to various academic units. Candidates should meet any further eligibility or conditions specific to the award. Some are available only to local students, while some are available only to foreign candidates. Please refer to the school website when looking up scholarship awards that you are qualified for. Scholarship awards are decided by the University Scholarship Selection Committee (USSC) or the Senate Graduate Awards Adjudication Committee (SGAAC).
How to Apply for Simon Fraser University Major Entrance Awards
Candidates don’t submit applications for these scholarship awards, in most situations, as they are by nomination only, which implies they need to be selected by the Graduate Program Chair of their new academic unit.