The University of Edinburgh in the UK is welcoming applications for the David and Molly Pyott Foundation Scholarships in Ophthalmology in the 2021/22 school year.
Many online learning Masters scholarship awards are obtainable in the field of Ophthalmology for candidates from Africa, Caribbean Islands, South Asia, Pacific Islands, Central, and Latin America who have been approved for admission to the two-year, part-time online ChM (Master of Surgery) in Clinical Ophthalmology in school year 2021-2022.
Worth of David and Molly Pyott Foundation Scholarships
- Each scholarship award will provide the tuition fee for the whole program of study and grant towards a laptop and internet service.
- The scholarship is tenable for two academic sessions, subject to academic headway.
- The scholarship award is financed by the kind support of The David and Molly Pyott Foundation.
Eligibility for David and Molly Pyott Foundation Scholarships
- The scholarship awards will be granted to students who are approved for admission on to the online learning Master of Surgery (ChM) in Clinical Ophthalmology at the University of Edinburgh, one of the Edinburgh Surgery Online suite of Masters Programs.
- Candidates must prior to now have been granted a place at the University of Edinburgh and must have firmly accepted that offer of admission or be planning to do so.
- Candidates must be advanced trainee ophthalmologists. Applications from ophthalmologists in private practice may also be given consideration.
Selection is on the basis of academic merit and the personal statement in which you explain your present contribution to your nation’s local and national ophthalmology growth plans and how you will make use of the scholarship to further add to the growth of ophthalmology services in your nation.
Successful candidates will be devoted to working in their nation’s ophthalmology service on conclusion of their studies; to making use of their new found skills to further improve and grow the service; and to nurturing clinical and academic links between their nation’s medical universities, ophthalmology teaching hospitals and research institutions and The University of Edinburgh.
How to Apply for David and Molly Pyott Foundation Scholarships
- Fill out an online EUCLID application for the ChM (Master of Surgery) in Clinical Ophthalmology – guidelines on the full application procedure can be located on the University’s degree finder page. Wait for a verdict on the application through EUCLID.
- If qualified to join the program, you will be extended a conditional or unconditional offer of admission, which you have to accept before applying for a scholarship award.
- Apply online for the David and Molly Pyott Foundation Scholarships through the Edinburgh Surgery Online (ESO) website’s Scholarships section by the closing date.
In the ESO Scholarships section, select The David and Molly Pyott Foundation Scholarships title and then select the link to submit an application online. You will be requried to put in the following details:
- Page 1: University Application Number
- Put in your University application number (UUN) that you will have obtained from your online EUCLID application for admission on the ChM.
- Page 2: Tell Us Where You Are Based
- Do you live in and are you a citizen of one of the LMIC countries listed? (Yes/No) Please state which one(s).
- Page 3: Personal Statement
Submit a personal statement (at most 500 words) in which you explain the following:
- your reason for applying for the Master’s program
- how undergoing this program of study will be of advantage to your career, and
- how you envision this program improving your working practices to transform ophthalmology services in your nation to enhance eyecare.
- Page 4: CV (Resumé)
- Submit a copy of your CV (resumé).
- Page 5: Letter of Support
- Submit a letter of support for your scholarship award application from your Ophthalmology Educational/ Training Program Advisor or Director in your district. It is crucial to them that their scholars are backed in their workplace whilst studying with them.
- Final Page
- Acknowledgement of your scholarship award application will be offered by the ESO team in due course.
Application for David and Molly Pyott Foundation Scholarships ends by 23:59 BST on Monday June 1, 2021. All candidates will be informed of the outcome by the end of August 2021.