The Centre for Doctoral Studies at King’s College London is offering fully-funded studentships to support international students to do full-time doctoral research degrees within some academic Faculties
Studentships to support international students for MPhil/PhD study in any of our King’s Health Faculties or Faculty of Natural & Mathematical Sciences. Must start in June 2022.
MPhil/PhD programmes that fall in any of the following faculties:
- Faculty of Life Sciences & Medicine;
- Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology & Neuroscience;
- Faculty of Natural & Mathematical Sciences;
- Florence Nightingale Faculty of Nursing, Midwifery & Palliative Care;
- Faculty of Dentistry, Oral & Craniofacial
- Students who have already commenced their doctoral degree at King’s are not eligible.
- Distance learning programmes are not eligible.
- Professional doctorate degrees (such as the MD(Res) and DClinPsy) are not eligible.
- Joint PhD programmes are not eligible.
- These studentships cannot commence prior to, or after, June 2022.
Applicants have to meet the following criteria to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Be liable for tuition fees at the higher international/overseas rate.
- Applicants have to apply for MPhil/PhD program within one of the following Faculties before the deadline of 01 October 2021:
- Psychiatry, Psychology & Neuroscience
- Dentistry, Oral & Craniofacial Sciences
- Natural & Mathematical Sciences
- Life Sciences & Medicine
- Nursing, Midwifery & Palliative Care
- Candidates who have a wish to study in June 2022 intake.
- Aspirants have to get admission offer in any MPhil/PhD degree program listed above before 31 January 2022.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
King’s College London Scholarships 2022 is a Full Free Scholarship for all aspirants to undertake MPhil or Doctoral Degree programs will provide the following expenses:
- Complete Tuition Fee will be provided
- Stipend of £17,609 per annum (for 2021/22) will be given.
- Research costs: up to £5000 per annum, depending on the project
- Duration: Studentships are funded for up to 4 years
- Number of available studentships: nine (9)
- Awards are for 01 June 2022 start ONLY
Information and documentation provided via the online admissions application will be used to determine applicant eligibility as well as to consider the strength of an application and suitability for the studentship scheme.
Eligible applicants who have applied correctly for the studentship by 01 October 2021 will be considered by their faculty.
Ineligible candidates will not be reviewed and those who do not already hold an admission offer may have their admissions application returned as unsuccessful via King’s Apply.
By 31 January 2022 (23:59 GMT), faculties must shortlist and rank a limited number of their top candidates for further consideration by a central panel. Those that are shortlisted must have secured an admission offer by this point.
Selection will be based on the following criteria:
- Academic excellence of the candidate
- Research proposal
- Statement of Justification
The central assessment panel will determine the successful candidates of the studentships.
Decisions will be announced via email by 1st March 2022.
Method of Application
- Candidates have to find the supervisor using this King’s research portal and King’s website – use keywords relevant to your proposed research.
- Apply Online by visiting King’s Online Application before the deadline of 1 October 2021. Make sure to select June 2022 as your planned start date.
- In the funding section of your Application Form, Select the following:
- Tick the box at item 5 (Award Scheme Code or Name) and enter the following code: 2122-INTCDS
- Download and Complete PGR International Studentships 2021-22 Form and attach this to the ‘Funding’ Section of your application using the ‘File Upload’ option at the bottom of the page.
- Under the ‘Document Category’ dropdown menu, select ‘Sponsorship Document’ or ‘Other’.
- Upload all the required documents in the online portal.